You may be considering whether to use Crema Marfil marble in your home and need strong reasons to make your decision. We know that it is not easy to choose between a wide range of building materials. And there is a very fine line between a good and a bad decision. Therefore, the more information you can gather about the different options available, the better decision you will make.
How far would you go to create a comfortable home environment? Crema Marfil marble is a good option to achieve your goals. Below are the top five reasons.
Top reasons to use Crema Marfil marble in your home
Crema Marfil marble’s origins are none other than Nature. Therefore, it is Nature itself who has provided this natural stone with all its advantages and disadvantages. And to overlook this fact would be to ignore the value of a material that has needed thousands of years to be created. Its features and properties make it unique. But is it imitable? I’m afraid so.
Good ideas are often copied. And Crema Marfil marble is no exception to this rule. But copies have no soul, no meaning, and no reason to be.
If you had the opportunity to use a natural stones such as Crema Marfil, why would you settle for something artificial?
Those in the quest for authenticity will definitely find it in any natural stone and, more particularly, with Crema Marfil.
Going back to its origins, one of the main existing Crema Marfil quarries is located in Pinoso (Alicante). This is where the renowned Crema Marfil Coto marble is extracted from, hence its name. If you have a chance to visit the quarry, we strongly recommend it, as it is an amazing experience.
If you are looking for a material that is suitable for both indoors and outdoors, this is your lucky day. Crema Marfil marble will meet all your expectations.
More specifically, we can use Crema Marfil indoors for the following applications:
- Bathrooms: you have the option to use Crema Marfil in your bathroom both for the flooring as well as the wall cladding. As well as worktops.
- Kitchens: In the same fashion as with the bathrooms, you can also use Crema Marfil for your flooring and wall cladding. And what about the worktops? You can too.
- Staircases: This is a very resistant material that can withstand heavy footfall. For that reason, Crema Marfil is a safe option for the manufacture of staircases.
- Living rooms: To be honest, Crema Marfil marble is ideal for any room in any home. And this includes living rooms. And this is all thanks to its colour. Beige tones convey calm and warmth. A very important feature for any rest or living areas.
- Bedrooms. Using Crema Marfil marble translates into peace.
If combining it with other materials or marble types, it will go well with any red, brown and black tones In this manner, you can create an interesting contrast. While on the other hand, we do not recommend combining it with grey, pink or white to avoid creating diffuse environments.
It is not only versatile for being suitable for multiple applications, but also because of the wide range of possibilities to change its aspect. By this we mean that Crema Marfil marble can be supplied with the following. finishes:
- Polishing: smooth, glossy surface.
- Raw: in this case, the surface is supplied directly after cutting, with no polishing.
- Aged: a slightly coarse aspect in order to reflect the passage of time upon the material.
- Bush hammering: produces a coarser finish. This makes it ideal for outdoor areas.
- Honing: same as raw marble, with a matt surface but after removing all cutting marks.
- Split face: this is the most rustic finish, which can achieve a very rugged surface.
Due to its features Crema Marfil marble is very durable over time. This is an important factor for those who are looking for the best value for money. Investing in a material that is going to last a lot longer will probably work out cheaper than other low cost options that will soon need replacing.
When used indoors, Crema Marfil is less exposed to the weather conditions outside. While if used outdoors, you will need to ensure that it has been filled, i.e., that the pores have been covered. Otherwise, water ingress would soon erode the material.
If the stone has been polished, you can recover its initial shine over time by re polishing it.
Variety is the spice of life. And since Crema Marfil marble can only be obtained from one location and we have no say in how it is produced, we will find it available in different tones. Far from a fault, this is rather an advantage. Because we can still see Mother Nature’s imprint through the passage of time.
Therefore, we can find the different types of Crema Marfil marble :
- Lighter tones.
- Darker tones.
- With more or less streaks. These can also be lighter or darker.
- Rice grain type. Fossils that appear inside the material.
- Water type. This effect is more evident after polishing, and it is reminiscent of waves or ripples.
Since Crema Marfil marble is highly resistant, it will last far longer than other materials. While at the same time, it will have more applications around the home. We have already seen some examples of these applications in the versatility section.
Crema Marfil marble is unique due to its natural origins, which provide its characteristic aspect that is appreciated worldwide.
We must also highlight its multiple applications around any home. Both indoor as well as outdoors. At the same time, its aspect can offer different possibilities, providing architects and decorators with a wide range of options.